Pain Management Community
Fallen Arches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Fallen Arches

I have been diagnosed with posterin tibialir tenden disfunction or collapse of arch.
Very painful.  Had flat feet all my life. I am 72 years old and am not able to stand or walk much at all..

What is the recommended fix?
Hi TG,

First I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are VERY happy that you have found this Forum.  I want to be sure that you understand that there are NO Doctors on this Forum. We are ALL CP - Chronic Pain - Patients that help each other through our experiences and expertise that we have experienced from battling our own CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this terrible pain that you have because of your collapse of your arch.  

I've NEVER experienced anything like that but it seems to me that you need to go see a Podiatrist and get this fixed.  I know that they can make special inserts for your shoes that will help you.  

I don't know whether or not there is any surgery that can be done - BUT a Podiatrist WILL know whether surgery is possible or not.

I wish for you the BEST and HOPE that you will keep us informed as to what you find out........Sherry