Pain Management Community
Foot cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Foot cramps

Ive been getting lots of foot cramps lately. The ones that feel like a charlie horse in the center of your foot. Anyways, how do I relieve them faster? Rolling on the floor and massaging my foot for 5 minutes doesn't seem to be working. Also, how can I prevent them from happening in the first place? Thank you!
Hi!
The first possibility is dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. So if you do not have high blood pressure, kidney or heart disease, then increase your fluid intake and try oral rehydration solution. Wrong foot wear is another possibility. So, change yur foot wear and see.
Plantar fasciitis, arthritis of small joints, diabetic neuropathy, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, over weight, deep vein thrombosis, gout, etc are a few causes of foot cramps. Diagnosis is by blood tests, nerve conduction studies, dopplar ultrasound etc. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Meanwhile check and see if your foot wear is comfortable or not, dip feet in warm water every day, and run very short distances and slowly increase the distance you run. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.