Pain Management Community
Immobilizing pain in left buttock

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Immobilizing pain in left buttock

I have had this pain randomly for a few years know, but recently it has become regular. It is a sharp stabbing pain that is dull most of the time, but extremely intensifies when I take pressure off the left leg. Every time I take a step with my left leg my left buttocks will shoot pain in the high middle of the cheek.

The pain started when I had a physical job and it just grew from no where. I had never had problems like this and even played 9 years of soccer when I was younger. I went to see a doctor and he decided it was most likely Pyroformis Syndrome. I was prescribed muscle relaxers and ordered to stretch... The pain slowly faded. About a year ago I slipped and tore some plica tissue in my left knee. I had surgery and had that tissue removed. Since then I have been able to be more active again since my knee issue had been around slightly for 17 years. I started PT first and the buttock pain started to creep back slightly. I added a stretch in my PT to help with that and it faded.  After PT I decided I was going to workout and loose the weight I had gained while waiting for surgery to be approved. (6 Months not working) I started My workouts and lost 40 lbs in 2 months by eating better and my exercises 3 times a week. There was no problem with pain. After I backed off the workouts for a week or two the pain came back with a fury!! It got to a point that I couldn't take a step with my left leg without collapsing in pain. I have never felt pain like this before in my life. I got some muscle relaxers and cut back on my physical activity. The pain started to fade again. I tried to pick back up working out, but just a few days after my first workout the pain came back. Now I am at the point where I wake up in the morning and there is pain. As the day goes by the pain will fade, but as I rest the pain comes back. The pain in the morning is there regardless if I am active or not the day before. I had a buddy of mine, who is a chiropractor, pop my neck and lower back. That helped for the next morning/day, but the pain came back the very next day just as bad if not worse. Does anyone have any idea of anything I can do to get rid of this pain? Does anyone know what this may be? The pyroform stretches are no longer working.

Thank you in advance!
Just so you don't have to look... I am a 30 year old male.
It sounds like you have a pinched nerve somewhere. I had similar pain, and  had a few "facet blocks" (injections). They helped for a while, but only masked the original problem of the pinched nerve. I had a surgery which was successful. i messed everything up by going back to work early and completely ruined that surgery, and created more problems. Always follow doctors/surgeons instructions. Even the "silly" sounding rules are there for a reason! See your PCP who can "get the ball rolling" toward a dignosis, and getting you feeling better. good luck.
                  shinty
Thank you. I guess I will just have to go to the doctor.