Inversion Tables? Thoughts or Reviews anyone?
I'm suffering from horrible neck pain and back pain due to a car accident 2/2011. I find when my neck pain gets real bad I hang my head off the side of the bed/couch to make it feel better. It works really well, of course...only temporary.  Anyone have one? Use it for what pain/injury? What model do you have? My Chiroprator is not thrilled about a lot of the models. I'm going to ask my PT on next week too.

*Severe whiplash/neck sprain from a MVA  in 2/2011 several Disc Herniations/Buldges C 5-6, C 6-7  L 2-3, L3-4, L4-5 ,L5-S1 w. anular tear w/ osteophtes and stenosis.
Mild sclerosis at C7-T1

Hi Thirdeye,

It's good to hear from you. Please excuse my tardiness. I am so busy packing for the return to our beach bungalow in a few days.

At any rate I too thought of an Inversion Table. When we suffer with Chronic Pain I think we are more apt to try anything that may bring us relief. My then, long time PCP was an Internal Medicine DO. She discouraged me from purchasing one. She thought the benefits were not as advertised. In my partial condition it may have actually increased my pain levels.

I believe that like most treatments and/or medications, their effectiveness often depends on the individual, their condition and how it all comes together. An Inversion Table may or may not prove effective for you. If it's possible you might want to rent one or try one out before you invest.

We all learn from one another so please let us know how this turns out for you. I wish the best. Sorry I could not be of more assistance but I will look forward to learning from you.

Take Care,
~Tuck

Hi Tuck,

My Doctor and PT weren't really for it either, he said if I had a healthy back/neck...then yeah,why not. But, yours is not healthy and could end up doing further damage. Traction?? would be something better for me. So...I march on. :)

Good luck w/ your move.