Knee Pain
If I leave my knee bent too long It starts to ache. then I try to straighten it out it hurts a bit then I feel and hear a pop. Then the pain and ache goes away. What could this be?
Hello Marshall,

So sorry to hear about your knee pain. I have it too as do may others. I  know how frustrating knee pain can be. However my meniscus is healthy and your sounds like it may not be.

The occasional "pop" you feel or hear could be your meniscus. Our knee is the largest joint in our body. Meniscal tears are among the most common knee injuries or can just thin and wear out as we age. They are two wedge-shaped pieces of cartilage that are located between your thighbone and shinbone. They act as shock absorbers and help stabilize and cushion the joint.

When they tear, even a small tear they can become "caught" with motion or even full time. They are often painful and limit motion. An x-ray will probably not reveal a tear. It will require more detailed imaging.

Obviously this is just a guess. There are other things that could be causing your pain.... our knees are so complex. I encourage you to consult your Physician for a correct diagnosis.

I wish you well and hope you will keep in touch. I'll look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
~Tuck
you should get an MRI. sounds like a possible meniscus tear. i had the same problem for 2 years and finally got it checked out. currently seeing an orthopedic dr to treat it and probably have a arthroscopy done. just  dont assume its nothing like i did. now my knee is also full of cysts.