MR Shoulder Right WO Contrast
My MRI on my right shoulder wo contrast shows some tendonitis only with no rotator cuff problems. Please explain this to me in lay terms please?
Well, tendinitis is inflammation, and with proper advice and physical therapy, this should be possible to calm the inflammation down and let it heal.

But what kind of doctor ordered a shoulder MRI without contrast if there was concern for a rotator cuff tear?  I think an orthopedic surgeon would usually order it with contrast, or an MR arthrogram if he believed there was a tear.

When my ex had to have these tests, it showed a small tear, but when the surgeon went in, the condition was worse than he thought from the films.  So I'm just saying that studies aren't always able to show everything, and who reads them is important too.  
When I had an MRI done by my Primary for my shoulder pain, his radiologist said all looks normal, however, since I had been complaining about my shoulder pain for over 2yrs my PCP sent me to an a sports ortho.

He took one look at the MRI himself & I had surgery the following week. He said I had a bad tear so they had to do a tendonectomy.  Not all radiologist know what they should be looking for....

All better now..I would go to an orthopedict doctor.
I agree with Totie. I would seek a second opinion and by a Physician that specializes in treating shoulder.

As said by Cary tendinitis is an inflammation. It's a swelling and inflammation of a tendon.Tendons are the fibrous structures that connect muscles to bones.

It can be very painful and requires appropriate treatment .Tendonoitis is that is located in the shoulder is usually caused by an injury but not always. As we age our muscle and the structures that support them can weaken.

Is the tendonitis in your Rotator Cuff? I ask this because Rotator Cuff Tedonitis is also commonly called Shoulder Tendonitis. Pain can be even more extreme when you sleep on the shoulder.  

Again it's important to obtain proper treatment to avoid this becoming a Chronic Condition. I'd really consult a specialist. Please let us know how you are doing.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck