Milk Thistle? and taking pain meds, well any meds....
Just wondering, I've always tried to take the "all natural" way for my health. Since my car accident and I was left with injuries and terrible anxiety.....had to go down the western med road. Did try everything else first. I seem to managing it well, now. My physical therapy has been great and I feel like I'm getting better.
I just want to know if anyone else takes or what people think about taking Milk Thistle to help the liver, since all this crap I'm on( in my opinion) is wrecking my health. It is aiding me,true...so I can make it through my PT sessions and such. I just want to stay healthy inside too. I take a lot of vitamins already and always have.

*I take Clonzepam 1mg 1x daily (worst days up to 3mg)
I also take Oxymorphone 5mg 1x daily(worst days 3x day....but usually never need that!)
Sorry to hear about your accident.  It's good to hear you're making progress with your PT and can get by without too many medications.

I don't know anything about milk thistle, though I am interested to see if anyone has any input on it.  I've been trying to incorporate more natural things into my pain management treatment.  I worry about being on many medications long term.  I've come way down on one medication and have eliminated others.  I had been taking Ativan for anxiety but felt I had been on it a long time and wanted to see how I was off it.  I started using Valerian Root, which worked really well for me, but then had trouble with it when they put me on an anti-seizure medication.  I had some pretty bad and frightening side effects and had to stop using it.  But I do need the the other medication as it really helps alleviate some of my nerve pain.

I'm hoping others will have some answers for you.  Of course, we all need to check with our doctors and/or pharmacists when taking anything new, even vitamins or all-natural remedies.

I hope you continue to do well with your PT and you are able to get a total recovery.