Pain Management Community
Mylan Patch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Mylan Patch

If you take off a Mylan Brand patch and you stick it to something, Can you reuse that same patch days later? Someone has advised me to use two old ones at the same time to equal one new one, but this definitely didn't sound right? If anyone can help I would be most grateful. I am on vacation and our trip has been delayed I cant get home for a week! I am scared to death and there is absolutely no way for me to get a new script here!
Sounds like a difficult situation.  I used the Fentanyl patch for years and your question depends on several factors.  The membrane across which the drug passes to enter your skin has to still be permeable - something that is possible, if the used patches had been stored well.  BUT, even though there is gel remaining in a used patch - doesn't mean there is any of the active drug left.  It depends on how long you wore them, the temperature of your skin (hotter - faster absorption) and individual variability.  Of course if I were desperate, I'd try anything - most of us would who were in pain.  And WD from Fentanyl would be painful even if your original symptoms were better.  

Let me know the answers to the above questions and I can better advise you.

Blessings, Jan
The membrane appears to be intact well and as far as average temp, well we are in Jamaica so ITS HOT!!!!!! They were stored in a motel room in room temp and I am desperate for help!!!
if they were stored at room temp in hot/humid jamaica then i definately wouldn't use them. DEFINATELY dont use two. you need to get to an ER and explain the situation to them, be sure to take your box or script with you so they know it is regularly prescribed to you.
I answered you other post too.

Nick.
Hello Gwenuveire and welcome to the Pain Forum:

I have used the Patch for about a year now and this is what I know from Literature and the Doctor.

The Patch will not be very effective because the Patches have a 72 hr. life. Most of the medicine is gone. For me, the Patch only lasts 48hrs. The skin from your body adheres to the Patch rendering it almost useless.

What you need to do is go to an ER like Nick said and explain the situation. If you have a valid script, you should have NO problem. The Hospital can call your clinic and get confirmation of your meds.

I do not advise putting an old patch on your body.

Please take care and good luck,
Mollyrae