Pain Management Community
NIGHTSWEATS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

NIGHTSWEATS

The doctors told me that i had a uti last week and i woke up with back pain one morning so i went back to the doctor and they checked my urine and he said that it looked good there was nothing in it so he told me make sure to keep taking your meds witch i have been doing well lastnight i woke up at 4am and the back of my neck and my legs was sweating yesterday was easter and i was in the sun alot when i should not have been because i burn easy and the meds say stay out of the sun what would be causing nightsweats? my mom is getting over pnumoina but when i went to the doc when my back was hurting they did a ct scan on my back and he said that he could see the bottom of my lungs and there was nothing there! im freaked out that i have somthing wrong with me that is where the hypercondria comes in,i was just wondring why i had sweats and if i should be worried about it because ive never had it be 4 i cant see my doc again untill thursday does anyone thing ill be ok till then?
You'll likely be fine until you see the doctor.  Some medications can cause night sweats.  I started having really bad ones due to some medication and then due to menopause.  I don't know if it only works for menopause but I've been using an all-natural product called i-cool and it's helped tremendously.

Underlying fevers can also cause them and if your UTI isn't totally gone, it could be because of that.  
thanks for the info from what everyone is telling me that if you had pnumoina then you would know it or know somthing else is wrong besides just pulled back musels i didnt have night sweats lastnight but i was hot so im not sure lol ill go  to the doc on thursday and see if my uti is gone and see if there is anything else he thinks that is going on! do you know if meds that im taking makes your kidneys hurt? its septra my friend gets uti alot and she  said that she will hurt more while she is taking her meds kinda weaird to me but like i said i am a hypercondriact so thats y i worrie so much! another question when they do a ct scan on your back what all does that show does it show your lungs,liver and that kinda stuff? the women that was doing it said...............it will look at everything from here down and showed me right under her breast so is that right?
thanks again
Not sure about that med.  Call the pharmacist; they really know everything about meds and side effects.

Usually you would know if you have pneumonia.  Even if you weren't coughing, you'd be likely exhausted, have fevers, etc.  Though my 13-year old daughter had it in February and we were sort of stunned as she didn't have any symptoms.

Your CT scan would show different things but whatever it was ordered for is where they'll pay most attention.  Sometimes other things are caught incidentally.

I'm far from a hypochondriac but I tend to over worry things and I seem to pay too much attention to things.  And having a medical background that gives me just enough knowledge to panic but not enough to not worry ... therapy would probably go a long way in helping you with the hypochondria.