Pain Management Community
Negative drug screens for Oxycodone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Negative drug screens for Oxycodone

Hi folks, i'm new here and right now i'm really realy frustrated.  I have bilateral sciatica with nerve pain and have been going to a pain clinc for the last 6 months.  About 2 months ago I was prescribe Oxicodone the 5.35 (something like that) tablet. Twice now (including tday) the urine test have come back negative. The pain doctor said he could no longer prescribe them for me because the drug screening is 100% fool proof.  He practically accused me of being a liar and told me he thought I was selling the drugs.  I have been taking them every night at 10pm and when the pain is bad an extr one (prescribed) either at night or during the day.  I admit right now i'm pretty flustered and am at a loss how to get this fixed.
Welcome to this community,

i know that you are frustrated but if you don't like him(dr), you can always go to another or better yet another neuro who'll believe you, because i do believe you. just lose him.

i'll pray that you'll get well soon.

good day

Bymon
Actually, you need to find out what kind of testing he uses, do some research online about false negatives, because this WILL go into your medical record and any new doctor will see that. So I would try to clear this up first before you go to a new doctor. In the meantime have you tried Lyrica or one of the other nerve meds, they might help you as well and the doctor might be more sympathetic down the road if he realizes that you are just looking for relief. Good luck to you.
Lots of doctors claim the tests are 100% accurate and that's not true.  There are many kinds of tests and some are more sensitive than others.  First,starts t looking for a new pain doctor.  See if your primary care can help.  Maybe she can give you a script until you find a new doctor.  Pain doctors are usually pretty adamant that if the contract is broken in any way, they will dismiss you.  No second chances.  It's not uncommon for these tests to be wrong.  Best of luck.