Pain Management Community
Pain 9 days after platelet donation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain 9 days after platelet donation

I donated platelets about 9 days ago and have been experience a dull pain, which feels muscular, in the arm that I used for donation. The pain is most severe when I extend or retract my arm fully, and there is slight bruising near the needle site, but not directly on it. I wouldn't normally be worried, but it seems like the pain should have subsided after 9 days, and it hasn't improved at all. Does anyone know what is causing this?

I'm not sure that 'pain management' is the best forum for this, but I can't find any forum topics that are closer to my problem.
It may be a pain caused by the inflammation by the topical injury after injection, In general it will not happen or only last for several days unless if your body right in weak condition at the moment. I think you should go to the doctor and make sure what is the exact cause of it before you accept any suggestion.