Pain Management Community
Pain in groin area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain in groin area

I have pain in my groin area on my right side, it is worse when I sit or lay down and my right leg gets numbness feeling and my right foot gets tingling feeling in the ball of it. It hurts the worse when I've been sitting on the commode and stand up. Sometimes I have pain in my lower back at the same time as groin pain. Has anybody had pain like this or know what it could be?

Hi Koolaid,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am glad that you have found us but sorry to hear about your pain.

There could be several things that are causing your symptoms. An MRI will reveal if you have a low spinal structure problem. If that is negative you may want to consider a sacroiliac problem. Your symptoms sound like they are related to a nerve entrapment, inflammation or irritation. I am sure there are other possibilities.

Only your physician can give you concrete answers. I encourage you to make an appointment for a good clinical exam.  

I have similar symptoms that are caused by SIJ (sacroiliac joint) Dysfunction. It took years for that condition to be even considered.

Best of luck to you. I hope you will keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck
Did your symptoms come on slowly or all at once?  Mine started a couple of years ago when I would do real hard work like heavy lifting and bending over alot for serveral hours, my back and groin would hurt for a couple of days and then it would go away until I did hard labor again. But it started about 6 months ago this time and they both hurt sometime during the day everyday. I've been checked by a doctor and he said that I did not have a hernia.