Pain in legs when standing too long
Hello, I'm a female of 22 years old. Since I was a teenager, I started to have pain in my legs whenever I stood too long on them (say for an hour or longer). Often times it also happens whenever I am very tired.
This pain can be either on just my lower leg, or in both my lower and upper leg. The only way to lessen the pain is to sit, but that still doesn't completely remove the pain. I found out that the only cure for me whenever I feel such pain, is to sleep and when I wake I up, I don't have a problem anymore.
Also, I noticed recently, that whenever I wake up tired at night after having slept for just two or three hours, my legs feel very light. It's as if I can hardly stand on them for a few minutes. It usually takes about between fifteen minutes to half an hour before my legs get back to normal.
Sometimes, when it's at its worst (when I have stood too long or tired myself out), I can hardly walk anymore. Every step on the ground, makes me feel this intense pain that I can't describe.
For years I kept silent about it, because I thought everyone experiences the same problem. It now really starts to bother me, especially whenever I go to college and get tired when going back home or want to have fun in some place, I can't keep walking for too long. I would have to sit every now and then, to avoid having that pain. People think I exaggerate when I say I suffer from this problem.
Is this normal? Do you anyone have any idea of what this problem might be and what I'm suffering from?
It isn't normal. I'd get yourself checked out. I'm not sure what type of doctor you should see about this, so I'd start at my primary care doctor and go from there. I wish you the best of luck.
       shinty