Pain Management Community
Pain that last more than two weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Pain that last more than two weeks

I have sharp, stabbing pain in my lower right side.  This is located more in the back region, which has been ongoing for more than two weeks  The pain is made worse by laying prone.
I am not a doctor, but for me, this is what I do to find out if its joint or muscle.  Take an ice pack and rest it on the lower back or what part hurts you.  If it don't help, it's not joint.  If you take a heating pad and it works it's muscles.  I had muscle spasms press on my sciatica, while I thought I pinched a nerve.  For me, I have low back issues along with pretty bad muscle spasms and trigger points.  I recently had a couple nerve blocks done on my low back, and bent the needle a little from the spams, the only time I flinched.  Sometimes, the ice/heat therapy pump is the only way I can tell what's going on.  If anything, you can tell your dr. what you tried and might help him help you!  Good luck and hope you find some relieve.