Pain Management Community
Perforated Appendix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Perforated Appendix

My 12 year old son was just diagnosed with preforated appendix.  He stayed in hospital for 16 days and on antibiotics for 13 of those days.  He is now home  taking antibiotics orally and also ketorlac 10 mg for pain.  He is going to have the appendix out around Jan.15.  He is still having alot of pain in his belly.  How long should the pain last?  Also, for about a year or so he had blood in his urine and sometimes it had been visible.  Could this had been a sign of appendix trouble?
  • pain (2 replies):
    why would i have pain in my right lower abdomen after an...[more]
  • Lower side pain (8 replies):
    i get side pain on my right lower hip, right between the...[more]
  • Pain (6 replies):
    Ok so i got this rare condition where my apendix are loc...[more]
  • appendix scar (6 replies):
    i have been having pain for six months where my appendix...[more]
  • Severe constant back pain (4 replies):
    I am 15 years a fifteen year old male, I'm healthy and s...[more]
I can't believe they are only giving him ketorlac (toradol) for pain.  It's simply a heavier duty anti-inflammatory drug in the family of tylenol, motrin and aleve.  He must be in agony!!  Toradol is only supposed to be used short term - 5 days per manufactuerer information, and has only been studied on adults. I suspect this "doctor" is one who believes that children should not have their pain treated with narcotics, which is total BS.  Your son is not a junkie looking for a fix.  He has a serious and painful medical condition and his pain should be treated with whatever it takes to relieve it.

Get on the phone with that person masquerading as a doctor and tell him that your son is suffering and demand something better for pain.  He is going to hurt like h*ll until he has surgery.  I doubt the blood in the urine has anything to do with the appendix issue.