Perforated Appendix
My 12 year old son was just diagnosed with preforated appendix.  He stayed in hospital for 16 days and on antibiotics for 13 of those days.  He is now home  taking antibiotics orally and also ketorlac 10 mg for pain.  He is going to have the appendix out around Jan.15.  He is still having alot of pain in his belly.  How long should the pain last?  Also, for about a year or so he had blood in his urine and sometimes it had been visible.  Could this had been a sign of appendix trouble?
I can't believe they are only giving him ketorlac (toradol) for pain.  It's simply a heavier duty anti-inflammatory drug in the family of tylenol, motrin and aleve.  He must be in agony!!  Toradol is only supposed to be used short term - 5 days per manufactuerer information, and has only been studied on adults. I suspect this "doctor" is one who believes that children should not have their pain treated with narcotics, which is total BS.  Your son is not a junkie looking for a fix.  He has a serious and painful medical condition and his pain should be treated with whatever it takes to relieve it.

Get on the phone with that person masquerading as a doctor and tell him that your son is suffering and demand something better for pain.  He is going to hurt like h*ll until he has surgery.  I doubt the blood in the urine has anything to do with the appendix issue.