Pain Management Community
Random Acts of Kindness Anyone....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Random Acts of Kindness Anyone....

Hello Dear Members,

Would you not agree that there is so much sadness and cruelty in this world. It seems the media is quick to report on it.....but not so quick to report the kindness and happy stories that are abundant. So with that thought in mind I am suggesting that we share the kindness that has been shown to us...or the kindness that we have extended to someone....or any thing along those lines.  

It may also help us all to think how we can make a difference.....with just a simple Act of Random Kindness.

I have many examples of giving and receiving kindness but to get the ball rolling I'll tell you my most recent.

The other day while I was standing in line at the very busy Deli section of our local grocery store while an obviously physically challenged person in a motorized cart was ordering. The Deli staff would only place her orders on the high counter that she was unable to reach. She looked perplexed as to how she would reach her items. No one made a move to help. I pushed ahead to retrieve her items and placed them in her cart. She looked up at me and thanked me profusely. I was humbled and it made me feel so good to be able to give this little assistance. I quietly said a prayer of gratitude ....that in spite of my chronic pain I was not confined to a chair.

Please join me and list your examples here. Let's see if can share some happy thoughts and think of ways to perform Acts of Random Kindness.

"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore there be any kindness I can show...let me do it now."
— William Penn

Happy Thoughts,
~Tuck

I completely agree with what you are saying and something truly just 'kind' happened a couple of days ago when I was in the hospital.  The kitchen closed at 6:30 and you needed to call and order what you wanted to eat by 6:00 to allow for it to be cooked and delivered to your room.  Well, being on pain killers and being on the nurse's schedules for when things were done, I missed the cut off time.  Two days in a row this woman (I unfortunately can't remember her name called me to see if I wanted dinner and had just lost track of time or if I just wasn't hungry.  If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have eaten dinner those two nights, but she went out of her way to notice that I hadn't ordered and rather than just not care, she called me.  To some that may seem really petty and small, but I was and am really grateful to her.