Pain Management Community
Relief for Back Pain with Hardware in Back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I am 62 and am on my fifth day of withdrawal (cold turkey) from tramadol. I never want to see another pill again. I had kyphoscoliosis surgery 8 years ago. ..which is hard enough for someone over 50. I desperately need advice from anyone else with hardware in their back who was left with chronic pain. Some days my neck hurts so bad I can barely hold it up, and that is why I was prescribed the pills. Can you see a chiro, or massage person or acupuncturist when you have hardware in your back? I'm fused from thoracic area down and so am scared of all these alternatives, afraid they will cause more pain.
Tags: kyphoscoliosis surgery, Pain
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your pain. You may feel better with a combination of physiotherapy, swimming, and massage therapy.  However, please discuss first with your ortho specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you! I now have an appointment with a pain management in Sacramento in a couple weeks. I know something will help that isn't a pill.