Right Chest Pain Please Help
Hey, so yesterday I was in the gym and the last workout I did before playing basketball was a sort of pectoral contractor where you pull weighted handles together until your hands meet in the middle of your chest. It was my first time on the machine, but I did my usual weight and reps.

When I got home I noticed the right side of my chest was really tight. Usually when I get this feeling, I just stretch and after a pop it goes away. But now there was no pop and breathing deeply causes sharp piercing pains that increase in intensity the deeper I breathe. Even if I don't breathe certain movements also cause the sharp pains. Since yesterday, after I eat, the meal doesn't really sit well with me, and I may even regurgitate a portion of it. My mother has acid reflux, but I doubted it would be caused by a pulled muscle.

If possible, I'd like to avoid a trip to the ER (no med insurance) and wait for it to go away, but I really don't know what it is and if it even will go away.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!
i would suggest you dont wait,,,just go for a check up
It seems that you strained your pectoralis major and/or pectoralis minor muscles when you did the exercise. You need to consult a doctor for a detailed clinical evaluation for us to know the severity of injury and to rule out other possible causes.

In the meantime, try icing for the first few days especially if it has swelling and tenderness.  Try to avoid any movements that will aggravate the pain.

Take care!
Thanks for the input guys, after I took a pain reliever and slept a good 9 hours, there was considerably less pain and I didn't do any workouts with that area. So I'm assuming the muscles have recovered after two days.

Thanks again.