SCS Spinal Cord Stim. Hate it.
I had this put in Feb. 2012. For PM. Nerve damage from a Hermia repair. It is causing me more pain than the nerve damage. It is where my bra strap goes. And feels like someone stabbed me in the back and left the knife in, then twist it to let me know what a bad decision I made. I have been one Norcos, Oxcontins, ect.  After the surgery, I was told that it takes a year or so for it to heal. OMG. Anyone have this problem with the stimulator? I am having injections this Friday to try to block the pain in the back,  bottocks, and groin area where the initial pain is. PM said it can be removed, but scared to go through with yet again with another recovery and putting my family through it also. What if its now a new nerve damage in middle of my back?  No light at the end of my tunnel. Ps currently waiting for new medicine Kadian. It had to be ordered. Not to sure I want to take it. Been off pain made for 4 weeks,  quallity of life diminshed. Hate the thought of having to take pills again, but in a lot of pain.
My God hon if you were diabetic would you feel guilty or bad or "hate the thought" of taking Insulin?  If you had high blood pressure? It is so hard for us to get ourselves out from under that dark cloud that surrounds anyone needing pain medicine. And that *****!
    Believe me i know what you are saying. I want to start a movement---we could call it Poppy Power.  We are Poppy People----medicinal poppies only!!HA  HA!      
    Suffering the pain is worse for you than taking some medicine to get relief. OK?     Omhome