Pain Management Community
Severe nerve pain in (R) back/arm/hand
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe nerve pain in (R) back/arm/hand

I had some pain in my neck,back and arm about 3 weeks ago,since had an MRI. It shows like 4 bulging disks along with spinal stenosis and ridging and spurring. I have started PT but the pain won't go away and is tremedous at times. I have spasms around my shoulder blade as well as my neck. But my back hurts and my arm has all sorts of sensations. Im not sure if I have caused so kind of damage in my back trying to rub spasms out. In beggining used icy hot and massager that vibrated. I haven't used since PT started.The area of my back is painful also swollen. You can see big masses around scapula,even looks like a dent. It depends on the position of my arms. I can see the inflamation (inflammation) in different places. But I can also fell the tingling intensify in my arm and hand as I move in different positions (like flexing back) PT has use do exercises. The sensation is painful tingling. I also can press on my forearm and intesify the pain. I cant get comfortable in any position but the pain in my back feels worse than neck at the moment. I also get horrible pain in my fingers and when bad barely can stand the pain It like cutting the circulation of pain. I'm sorry for what a mess this is but It's tought to describe!!LOL!! If I squeeze my hand that sends horrible pain. Even like a cramping pain. I also have tingling sensations in my feet so I know some is related to my neck. I've even woke up multiple times with both arms and legs numb. I'm wondering if I didn't tear a muscle in my back or something. I've had this in lower back and rest normally helps. It is almost a month. Is using my right arm making it worse? It's tough using my right hand. But pressure on my back area causes bad pain in my arm and hand. If I lean my head to the left and exstend my right arm out I can feel the pain from neck to fingers. Can you aggrivate a spasm so bad it can do other damage?? I'm lost and been suffering just short of a month. If anyone has had any similar experiences Please share. Im noticing back pain...It's almost like a sprain pain at times. Plus get the weird bee sting tingling in whole spasm. But my lower outer scapula /lat area feel like a tear,so I'm lost This writting is killing me but thanks for reading. Again sorry for the scattered mess!!