Pain Management Community
Sore around the prostate area when pooing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Hey guys, for about a week now I feel a little stinging pain near or on my prostate when I poo. And every now my testicles feel like I am sitting on them. This is not permanent. I seem to be ok when I am not pooing but just the occasional pain. Anyone have some ideas? Thankyou..

Troy
Hi Troy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and sorry for your discomfort.

It took me awhile to respond to your post because I have been asking my sons and husband about your symptoms. I am a female and obviously have no personal  experienced this issue. Although I have had patients that have had prostate surgery or a TURP. None of the males in my life even know what prostate pain might feel like. The gland is walnut shaped and is located in front of the rectum and just below the bladder, where urine is stored. It surrounds the urethra, which is the canal through which urine passes out of the body.

So that is my first question. How do you know it is your prostate that is causing you pain? Swelling of your prostate may account for your symptoms or Prostatitis . There are a several conditions that could be causing your discomfort. Prostatitis usually presents with urinary symptoms as does BPH (Benign prostate hypertrophy) and Epididymis is usually much more painful. However that could account for your testicular pain.

My best guess, and that's what it is a guess, is that you may have Prostatitis. But again there should be accompanying urinary problems. Please see your PCP. He/she may refer you to urologist, the experts in men's reproductive organs and the urinary tract system.

Please let us know how you are doing and don't hesitate to see your PCP.
Take Care, Tuck
Hello, Thankyou for your reply,

I am not 100% certain that it is my prostate but its coming from where you are saying. Only when I seem to poo does it sting, but when I am not pooing it just feels a little uncomfortable.

Troy