Pain Management Community
Tingling in different parts of the body at different times

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

At first it started in my neck, then it went to my back a few days later, then I was fine for a while and now it's in my back again. It doesn't stay in one place, (the pain)  It's a very aggravating tingling like pain. Nerve damage seems to be what fits the best but there's no numbness.
Hi!
The sensations of pins and tingling are generally due to peripheral neuropathies or vascular pathologies. Hence peripheral vascular pathologies like deep vein thrombosis have to be ruled out either by angiograms or by dopplar studies. Nerve conduction studies should be done. Vitamin B12 deficiency too should be looked into. There are many other causes of nerve disorder causing pins and needles or paresthesia including diabetes, hypothyroidism, chronic involvement of liver or kidney, chronic alcohol use etc. Hypoparathyroidism too should be looked into. Neck strain, spondylotic changes in cervical vertebrae, bone disease or bad posture should be looked into. Nerve infections as in lyme’s disease too should be investigated. Multiple sclerosis and G B Syndrome (less likely) are two other possibilities. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.