Pain Management Community
Weird pains under left rib cage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Weird pains under left rib cage

My name is bailee and i am 15yrs old and recently i have been getting these weird pains under the left side of my rib cage i cant really explain how it feels but it dont feel nice. The weird thing is i only get these pains after standing for a long period of time, like for example this morning i was in my cosmetology class and i was working on a maniquine and out of the blue i started getting this weird pain it was so bad that i couldnt stand any longer so i sat down. Its been happening for a few weeks now and i have no idea what it could be and its freaking me out. Also i had a kidney infection not to long ago and i started getting the same pains again so i went to the doctors about it and got an ultra sound and they noticed that i have a blockage in my bladder preventing me from emptying it completely i dont know if this has to do with it or not but i need anwsers ASAP.
hey, im 16 and im having the exact same problem, not to long ago, i fell on my back playing football and fractured my rib, after that i went back to the doctors still having this pain, they said my bone was fine, but kidney was inflated, seeing someone else having this same issue, in some similar ways, i am quite worried, i hope it nothing serious, but i also do have an unexplained pain under the left side of my rib cage, almost like a cutting pain, any one have any answers???