Pain Management Community
What would give you a false negatvie drug test/
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What would give you a false negatvie drug test/

I am trying to do some research into how you can have a false negative drug test for Hydrocodone.  Can other meds interfere with this urine test?  Other medical problems?  Can taking Lasix, being diabetic, or blood pressure meds cause this?  I just know that the meds are being taken and the urine test came back negative and the Dr was rude and will not give me any answers to why.  So if anyone knows how or where I can look into this I would be in your debt.  Thank you
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it happends all the time.  Could be human error.  UA's arent 100% accurate
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
I am sorry that this has happened to you. We have several members that have experienced an inaccurate drug screen also. Your physician will not offer solutions. I beleive that they don't know the cause themselves.

The reasons are not clear but it is not an uncommon occurrence. Lasix (furosemide), Hypertensive agents or other medications that do not contain a narcotic cannot produce a false positive or negative drug test. Diabetes will not interfere with the test either.

There are statistics that claim urine drug screens are as high as 60-70% inaccurate. These tests are not fail proof though the company/facility conducting them rely on them to be 100% accurate.

If you find the answer you will be wealthy. It can just be the results of human error as Dalek4 indicated above. There are some articles on the subject. I may have one that I can PM you if you are interested in reading it.

Again I am sorry that this has happened to you. I hope you will not suffer huge ramifications. Please keep in touch.

Peace,
Tuck
Blank
I too have had a false negative.  I had a peak and trough done.  In doing this my  pain mgmt md had me take my meds in front of him, then they did blood draws in 30 min intervals.  I happen to be a rapid metabolizer.  After 6 hours the meds were low enough to be undetectable in a urine screen.

Hope this helps.

T
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949