Why do my ribs hurt?
Hello, I am a 21 year old female who has had rib discomfort.  I was wondering what it could possibly be.  I have not done anyu straineous work or had any accidents.  It seems to be most uncomfortable when I am moving, breathing heavily, or lying down because the pain is constant when I do those things.  Other than that the pain comes then goes, I feel no pain on some days and then on other days it is unbearable.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.  By the way I am bi-polar, schizophrenic, have severe anxiety and we just found out that I do random things when I am sleeping.  Ex: Doing dishes, eating, pouring and then drinking liquids, driving, talking, and driving, etc...
Hi Elucas,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and sorry to hear about your rib discomfort.

If you are doing things in your sleep it seems possible that you hurt yourself unknowingly at one of those times. Obviously I am only guessing.

You do not complain of a cough or any other symptoms of a virus. It may also be possible that you have some inflammation of your ribs. Again I am only guessing. What is important is that you discuss this with your PCP. He/she is in a much better position to determine the source of your pain.

Please keep us informed of your progress. We are always here to listen and support you the best we can.  Other's will post with their suggestions or information. I'll look forward to your updates.
Take care, tuck.