Pain Management Community
burning sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

burning sensation

I am  a 38 years old man, I have been having burning sensation on my lower limps for about a year now and pains on my limps. please what is wrong with me?
Hi kaaat,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing all of this pain. I would go and see your PCP and tell him/her what it going on with you.  I would ASK him/her to check for problems with your lower back that could be causing nerve damage in some way.  USUALLY, a burning sensation is caused by your nerves.  I'd ask for an MRI OR at the VERY last an X-ray of your lower {Lumbar} area of your back.  This should tell him/her what is going on and COULD be causing the burning and pain you are experiencing.

I had the VERY same thing and thy were able to tell with X-rays that I had SEVERE DDD {Degenerative Disc Disease} and My PM {Pain Management} Doctor was able to perform a RFA {Radio Frequency Ablation} which is "killing" off the nerves by burning them. NO, it TRULY doesn't hurt although it does SOUND painful. My RFA lasted for a year.  I think it's starting to BEGIN to wear off FINALLY after a year and so I'm having it repeated again next Friday as I KNOW that I have GREAT results with it.

I HOPE that you will let us know what you find out and keep us informed aas to what your Doctor decides to do.

I'll be looking for your updates.............Sherry  :)