Pain Management Community
burning sensation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning sensation

I am  a 38 years old man, I have been having burning sensation on my lower limps for about a year now and pains on my limps. please what is wrong with me?
Related Discussions
Hi kaaat,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing all of this pain. I would go and see your PCP and tell him/her what it going on with you.  I would ASK him/her to check for problems with your lower back that could be causing nerve damage in some way.  USUALLY, a burning sensation is caused by your nerves.  I'd ask for an MRI OR at the VERY last an X-ray of your lower {Lumbar} area of your back.  This should tell him/her what is going on and COULD be causing the burning and pain you are experiencing.

I had the VERY same thing and thy were able to tell with X-rays that I had SEVERE DDD {Degenerative Disc Disease} and My PM {Pain Management} Doctor was able to perform a RFA {Radio Frequency Ablation} which is "killing" off the nerves by burning them. NO, it TRULY doesn't hurt although it does SOUND painful. My RFA lasted for a year.  I think it's starting to BEGIN to wear off FINALLY after a year and so I'm having it repeated again next Friday as I KNOW that I have GREAT results with it.

I HOPE that you will let us know what you find out and keep us informed aas to what your Doctor decides to do.

I'll be looking for your updates.............Sherry  :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...