fibro and stomach cramps
my daughter has fibro and has recently suffered from severe stomach cramps just like when you are in labour all the doctors gave her was tramadol any sugestions for help ?
Hi!
Well, stomach cramps may not be really due to fibro. Debilitating cramping pain in upper abdomen is usually due to gall stones or severe acidity and in lower abdomen is due to kidney stones, trapped gas, ovarian cysts (burst or twisted) or bladder and urine infection. If she gets the pain again or is still in pain, it needs to be properly investigated. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Unfortunately Ifind it pretty common for doctors to discount, or "not hear very well' when it comes to a younger persons pain complaints. I would take her to a new practice, hopefully find a good doctor therein who will actually take the time to listen to you and your daughter. Good luck, better doctors can be found, you just have to be a patient. Get it patient! .... Ha, ha, ha. Seriously though, good luck, and take care,
                                             shinty
Is she on her period? or ovulating? If so;

I would talk to your doctor about Endometriosis. It can not be seen on any type of scan it would have to be confirmed through minor laproscopic surgery.

Cramps are not supposed to hurt like that and that is one of the most popular symptoms of Endometriosis.

I have fibro and Endo.

It also could be GI related. How old is she?