Pain Management Community
i think drug seekers get better treatmeant then we chronic pain suffers...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

i think drug seekers get better treatmeant then we chronic pain suffers

i think drug seekers get better treatmeant then we chronic pain suffers here where i live i went to 7 or 8 pain management doctors and not one would help me with my chronic pain and i went to the last pain management doctor sept 1st and he sat there and listened to me and put me on pain meds but the meds he put me on are only lasting a few hours then the pain is back and i am wanting to take more then it says on the bottle and i know i will be in trouble when i go back the 29th of this month the PM doctor gave me 90 pills of lortabs and i only have 1 lift to take tomorrow and i don't know what i am going to do till i go back on the 29th i hope they will still see me even though i have taken all my meds already i have fibro and having a really bad flare and having trouble with my hips hurting so bad i could not stand it to wait every 6 hours to take my meds i was taking other meds that i had that the PM doctor knew i was taking but not even them was helping now i don't know what to do i also think that when i went to go see my family for labor day i think someone from my family took some my meds but i am not sure because i would have not ran out that fast of the pain meds because i can also get in trouble if any one did take some my meds without me knowing about it  i also called the PM doctor yeturday to ask if they could get me in sooner then the 29th and they told me no that the doctor will not do that i think i need stronger meds and need meds for the breakthrough pain i am also really stressed because they told me because i have been taking more of the lortabs then i should that the urine test will come back bad and that won't be good i don't want to lose this doctor after all i have had to go through trying to find one that would listen to me and treat me better then all the other PM doctors have treated me the last one i went to was only in the room for a sec and told me the pain meds will make my pain worse and i looked at him and i told him no they don't they help me and by the time i lift there i was almost crying because the doctor was trying to tell me how i need to feel and was just mean as could be to me i was about ready to give up on finding a pain management doctor that would listen to me my reg doctor she will help me with my pain but i can't get any meds from her because the pain management place i am going to i had to sign a paper that said i would not seek pain meds from other doctors and i don't do that anyways the first reg doc i was going to told me the pain was all in my head and telling me i was just depressed and she told me i was a doctor shopper and told me i was after meds when that was not true i was only trying to get treatment for my chronic pain and i was depressed because no one at the time would listen to me and i was siting there crying and telling her that it was not in my head and telling her i was not a doctor shopper i was going to the er all the time because i was in so much pain and trying to get treatment for it and was wanting anwers to why i was in so much pain i was siting there i mean just a crying because she kept telling me it was all in my head grrrrrr that makes me mad to hear someone tell me that when its not true
You need to go to a doctor who treats a lot of fibromyalgia. It's the only way to get a doctor you know will understand and there are injections a good pain management specialist or fiber specialist can give you...called trigger point injections that will help much more than Lortabs. I have MS with severe pain and they helped me a lot. The meeds you are taking can potentially damage your liver and are hard on the stomach. Seach for a fiber support group in your area and get a recommendation for a doctor who understands the pain of fibro and let us know how you are doing.