is botox good fro chronic pancreatitis
I have chronic pancreatitis, does having botox injected into my pancreas a good and safe idea?  They have made an appointment for me to have this done tomorrow.
I've never heard of botox being injected directly into the pancreas.  I seem to recall it was studied as injections into the sphincter of oddi which regulates the flow of pancreatic enzymes to the small intestine.  Many cases of chronic pancreatitis are due to the sphincter of oddi not opening enough.  

Because botox works on smooth muscles such as the sphincter of oddi, it allows it to remain open for as long as the botox remains effective.  In my admittedly non-medical opinion, it would make more sense to just go ahead with a sphincterotomy rather than try something that, even if it works, will only offer temporary relief.