Pain Management Community
looking for some advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

looking for some advice

i was diagnosed with ddd yesterday i am 22 i work in a machine shop where i am constantly having to bend over twist and turn all while lifting 16-20 pounds my bak hurts  almost all day unless i am laying down or sleeping the dr. gave me flexiral and a inflammatory but they did nothing for me is there anything that i could do to make the pain more managable and i am starting to notice more things i am used to just ignoring pain due to my sports history and army infantry i have also been in 5 almost death accidents in a motor vehicle i just want to be able to work and play with my kids but as of now it is very difficult any helpfull advice would be appreciated  
Hi!
If you have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease then the first option would be to find a job more suitable for you. If this is not possible at all, then you need to lift weights in such a way as to not strain your back much. Wearing specially designed corsets may help. Other than this physiotherapy, exercises to strengthen your back muscles, swimming and pain killers as advised by your doctor may help. Please discuss with your doctor and try and consult an occupational therapist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.