Pain Management Community
neurolgia and joint pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

neurolgia and joint pain

My dad has neurolgia on his left shoulder blade and under his left arm pit.  he has recently (last couple of days) had severe swelling on his left knee and left ankle, making it very difficult to walk.  the constant pain from the neurolgia is bad enough, let alone stressing him out with difficulty in walking.
he does have arthritis, but says this is a different pain.  could it be referred pain?  anyone got anyone with long term neurolgia?
he has also had localised glucose injections to try and feed the starved nerves of nutrients and the swelling started from there.
he is going insane with pain, and they have tried everything to give him relief???/
HELP
First, I would like to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that I'm happy that you posted on our Forum.  You need to know that none of us are Dr.'s.  We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other through our own experiences with Chronic Pain.

It's a shame that your Dad is having to deal with this terribly debilitating disease along with arthritis on top of it!!  I can only imagine what he is having to go through daily.  He's very fortunate to have a loving child such as yourself to help him through all of this.

May I ask if he has been sent to a PM (Pain Management} Doctor?  If not does his current Dr. take care of his pain medications? I kow that some neurologist handle that where others tend to send them on to a PM Clinic.

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with neuralgia but may I suggest that you re-post this on the Neurology Forum.  I'm going to give you the link to that Forum.

Here's the Link:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Neurology/show/74

Don't get me wrong you are more than welcome to post here and there very well may be others that come along here that are very familiar with neuralgia. I certainly hope so.

I hope that you will keep us informed as to how your Dad is doing as well as to how you are doing.  It's very difficult being a care-giver.  

I wish you and your Dad the very best and hope to hear from you soon.........Sherry  :)