Pain Management Community
pain after tibial surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pain after tibial surgery

I  had surgery a tibial plateau fracture Feb.18,2010 (9 hrs sfter a car accident. In hospital 1 week, rehabilation hospital 3 weeks, then  weight bearing as tolerated in May. Mzay 18th I returned to work on walker,then a cane,and know just a limp and constant pain on the opposite side of the leg  where I had surgery.,esoecially behind the knee.Usually mornings are awfuful its hard to straighten out leg.There is a soft knot behind the knee  and the leg feels like a clock thats wound to tight.Is this normal?My surgen realsed me with these sympton?
So I am assuming that the surgeon is aware of all the problems you are having and have posted? If so then I would try getting a second opinion. Are you taking anything for pain. Unfortunately you may be left with some pain that is not operable and may need some pain management.
I am sorry your having so much pain. It does take the body a good amount of time to recover after any type of surgery but I do know that my Mom in law had a similar surgery and she took a good year to fully recover from it and the injury itself. I would try getting a second opinion and see what they have to say and then go from there.
I had a Tibeau Plateau Fracture three years ago, first they did surgery to put in plate and screws, went back to work after 6 months, Then my pain became to much to bear, so my surgeon went in and took out the plate and screws last october, so now i have been back to work for over a year and I am back to the pain being not able to deal with. I am now back on wcb because of the pain and the swelling, So on Friday night i was makeing dinner and i was in the kitchen and my leg went right out from under me, i actually fell on the floor, and then again on Saturday it happened again, So i went to my Dr last night and he put me off work, So i guess my question is why should i be experiencing so much pain still, and why would my leg be given out, has this happened to anyone else, i just feel like giving up i am so frustrated, and now that i have to be home instead of work that makes it worse, Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you. Char..