pain after tibial surgery
I  had surgery a tibial plateau fracture Feb.18,2010 (9 hrs sfter a car accident. In hospital 1 week, rehabilation hospital 3 weeks, then  weight bearing as tolerated in May. Mzay 18th I returned to work on walker,then a cane,and know just a limp and constant pain on the opposite side of the leg  where I had surgery.,esoecially behind the knee.Usually mornings are awfuful its hard to straighten out leg.There is a soft knot behind the knee  and the leg feels like a clock thats wound to tight.Is this normal?My surgen realsed me with these sympton?
So I am assuming that the surgeon is aware of all the problems you are having and have posted? If so then I would try getting a second opinion. Are you taking anything for pain. Unfortunately you may be left with some pain that is not operable and may need some pain management.
I am sorry your having so much pain. It does take the body a good amount of time to recover after any type of surgery but I do know that my Mom in law had a similar surgery and she took a good year to fully recover from it and the injury itself. I would try getting a second opinion and see what they have to say and then go from there.
I had a Tibeau Plateau Fracture three years ago, first they did surgery to put in plate and screws, went back to work after 6 months, Then my pain became to much to bear, so my surgeon went in and took out the plate and screws last october, so now i have been back to work for over a year and I am back to the pain being not able to deal with. I am now back on wcb because of the pain and the swelling, So on Friday night i was makeing dinner and i was in the kitchen and my leg went right out from under me, i actually fell on the floor, and then again on Saturday it happened again, So i went to my Dr last night and he put me off work, So i guess my question is why should i be experiencing so much pain still, and why would my leg be given out, has this happened to anyone else, i just feel like giving up i am so frustrated, and now that i have to be home instead of work that makes it worse, Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you. Char..