pain med patches
My husband was just prescribed the pain patch Duragesic yesterday.  All was going well until he took a shower this morning and thought he was going to pass out.  That was about 4 hours ago and still doesn't fell well.  He wanted to get away from the pain pills all the time. Has anyone else had a reaction like this ? His doc had him on one of the lowest doses too.  Thanks  :):)
Duragesic can be a tricky medication in that different patients can have different reactions. You did not mention the mcg/hr dose, sometimes a new patient will experience an upset stomach feeling for a day or two. Please read the patient info which comes with these patches. Great care needs to be followed when exposed to say too hot of a shower water as this can speed up the release of the med into ones system. I am not a med professional, but have been on the duragesic for over a year now.
Best of Luck to ya
big_bird
I started the low dose duragesic patch and had bad racy thoughts as well as extreme itching all night, after day 2 it was gone but i was too damn loopy to even drive so had to stop the patch, dr just perscribed morphine but i dont want to even try it, hell they are not even monitering my liver function test and they want to just hand out the pain meds and not even try and diagnose the problem just like a cattle call
With all transdermal patches, heat from a hot shower or heating pad can increase the rate at which medication enters the blood stream.  Severe overdoses have occurred under such conditions, so care must be exercised with this method of drug administration.  Contact the prescribing doctor if this continues to be a problem even after reasonable precautions have been taken; some people simply do not do well with patches.