pain pump meds.
after trying unsuccessfully to 50 mgs. of fentanyl, and 6 oxcodone a day, my pain dr. wants me on a pain pump. can I use oxcodone in the pump?
Hi!
Yes, oxycodone injection can be given through a subcutaneous (under the skin) infusion pump. In the intra-thecal pain (into the spine) pumps the drug of choice is usually morphine. Other drugs which are used are usually hydromorphone, baclofen and alpha adrenergic agents. In your case, before opting for a pain pump, other drug and dosage combinations can be tried. You can also opt for pain patches. Also, drug therapies can be combined with yoga, hydrotherapy, physiotherapy etc for better pain control. Please discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi, sorry you have pain,
I don't know what your physical problem is but my sister in law had a morphine pump for chronic neuropathy pain  and it helped for a while but started leaking spinal fluid after about a year. The morphine as you use it more causes more pain, so it isn't ideal not that anything is. It would be better if you could get into a good pain manament partial program where they really take you in house for a while and get you on the combination that is helpful for you depending on your problems and pain issues. After years of pain, it really helped my sister in law and though it took some different attempts at changes in drugs  she is doing much better and is much more active. I hope this helps.
mkh9