pain strength
Which is stronger, hydrocodone 7.5 325 mg or diclofenac na 75 mg?
Hi Claudine and welcome to the pain management community.

hydrocodone/acetaminophen, 7.5/325 has 7.5 mg of hydrocodone which is the opioid (narcotic) component and 325 mg of acetaminophen (tylenol).  Diclofenac is a strong NSAID (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).  These two medications are in totally different classes...one is a opioid and the other is an NSAID.  

Strictly based on pharmacology, the hydrocodone/acetaminophen is stronger.  However, these two medicines should really not be compared in that fashion as they each work better than the other for different types of ailments.  NSAIDS are great at relieving pain due to inflammation.  Opioids do not reduce inflammation but instead attach to mu-opioid receptors located discreetly throughout the body in the brain, spinal cord, and other tissues to relieve many types of chronic pain, surgical pain, and acute pain by blocking pain signals from being realized by the brain.  Combining an NSAID with an opioid produces a synergistic effect that may provide additional pain relief than one or the other taken by itself.

The two meds you list are better than the other depending on the condition being treated.  Sometimes combining the two is used for the additional pain relief that can be provided given the synergistic properties produced.

femmy
My pm dr. Retired suddenly, I need to find a good one ASAP, I live near Greensboro,NC.  Does anyone know any good pain medicine Doctors within 75 miles of here?