severe pain around belly button
i have a severe pain around my belly button . the pain is internal. When i was pregnant with my daughter 9 years ago i had a belly button hernia. it has not bothered me since.  lately i have been gettin almost like pulling or stretching pains near and around my belly button. The pain is that severe that i cant even touch that area.  basically when the pain is there i am very limited as to what i acn do untill it settles down.  For example the pain started at about 12pm today it is now 4.30pm and the pain is still there.  do you know what it could be caused from?
Hello Btrup,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum of MedHelp. I am glad you found us but sorry to hear about your symptoms.

If you have been diagnosed with an umbilical hernia it is the first possibility to consider when experiencing pain in the area. Umbilical hernias are not as prone to developing complications as other hernias. However it still should be investigated by your PCP. Your pain may be from another source but either way it is best to have it evaluated.

I hope you will soon be feeling better. We will look forward to your updates. Good luck and take care, Tuck