Pain Management Community
stomach cramps --allergic reaction to Percocet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Five days ago I had an ACL replacement.  For the first two days after surgery I felt great.  I have been taking oxycodone 5-325 tablets every 4-6 hrs and morphine sulf ER 30 mg every 12 hours. On day 3 I started vomiting and kept it up through day four, but stopped taking any drugs. I figured I was allergic to the oxycodone.  Now it's day 5 and my stomach has been in knots for yesterday and today.  Is it related to my reaction to the oxycodone? Or what else would be causing it?  Any suggestions for relieving the intense knotted stomach I have?

thanks.
One of the common side effects of percocet is nausea & vomiting.  It is possible your stomach is still feeling the effects of 2 days of vomiting; however, only your doctor would be able to diagnose why this is happening to you.  
Hello susienic and welcome to the MedHelp Pain Forum.

I think lilkim is on the right track but I would tend to think it would be from the combination of the drugs. The Morphine is more apt to cause stomach upset, especially if your not use to taking that amount.
I would definitly call the Doctor and tell him that you've been vomiting with the meds and see if he can't lower the dose for you. He might just give you something different for the pain as Doctors do not like to hear that you've been vomiting.

Another possible cause for the vomiting is an infection. It is not uncommon to have some type of infection at the sight of the surgery.

Please make sure you contact you Doctor and tell them about this. You never know if it might be serious.
Please take care and good luck. Keep me posted....
Mollyrae