Parenting: For Fathers Community
Concerned Eager Father

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

Concerned Eager Father

Me and my girlfriend have discussed having children in the future and I am very excited for when this time comes but I do have a bunch of varicous veins on the left side of my testicar/scrotum area and I have read online a lot that varicous veins down there can cause infertility - is this true? It's making me panic a lot that I won't be able to have children of my own in the future.

Any information and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,

Keyran
Stop in to a urologist sometime in the next year or so, and ask about the veins.  They can do a sperm analysis easily and put your worries to rest.  If the veins are causing too much warming in the area and it is killing the sperm, you can have a relatively simple procedure done to take care of it, and your fertility will return.  But don't borrow trouble, it's simple enough to do a sperm test.  You might be very fertile even with the veins.
Thanks for the reply, that has eased my mind a little. I will make an appointment this week.