Pathology: Diagnostic Expert Forum
Liver cancer pathology
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Diagnostic Pathology Forum. We realize that pathology reports can be difficult to understand. This forum will give you a place to ask your personal questions and receive answers from a board-certified expert. The goal of this forum is helping patients understand what their diagnosis means, including types of cancer and staging. We believe that this knowledge will allow for a more informed decision concerning their health and well-being. WHAT IS PATHOLOGY?: Pathology is the study of disease. Pathologists are doctors who make a diagnosis by examining tissues and body fluids. These findings are combined with other information, including the radiological and physical exam findings, to help determine the extent of disease and develop a treatment strategy.”

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Liver cancer pathology

What are the methods of fixation and processing that are most suitable for liver cancer cells/colon carcinoma?
6644139_tn?1384789257
Hi there,
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.  Most of the time tissue samples are fixed in 10% formalin then undergo an extensive tissue process to further remove any water in the cells as well as stain them to make the cell components visible under the microscope after the tissue is embedded in paraffin.  I can go into more detail if you would like but I would need to know exactly what you're looking for.
Thanks,
John
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank