Pediatrics Community
3 1/2 Month Old Hates Tummy Time!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 1/2 Month Old Hates Tummy Time!!

Hello, I have a daughter who will be 4 months on the 22nd, and since birth I have been trying to get Kara to do her tummy time, but everytime I put her on her stomach she starts to cry after only a minute or so!
I know if she doesnt do her tummy time she wont be able to develop good motor skills, but I dont know how to get her to go on her tummy without her screaming her head off!
I cant just let her cry like that, she stuffs her face into the floor and just crys!
I have gotten on the floor with her and put toys around her, even tried putting a nursing pillow underneath her or a blanket to prop her up a bit, but she still will only last a couple minutes!
She loves her jolly jumper and bumbo that I have, and seems to hold head up fairly well!
Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and keep introducing tummy time to her, and is there something maybe I could try to help her enjoy her tummy time!?!?!