3 1/2 Month Old Hates Tummy Time!!
Hello, I have a daughter who will be 4 months on the 22nd, and since birth I have been trying to get Kara to do her tummy time, but everytime I put her on her stomach she starts to cry after only a minute or so!
I know if she doesnt do her tummy time she wont be able to develop good motor skills, but I dont know how to get her to go on her tummy without her screaming her head off!
I cant just let her cry like that, she stuffs her face into the floor and just crys!
I have gotten on the floor with her and put toys around her, even tried putting a nursing pillow underneath her or a blanket to prop her up a bit, but she still will only last a couple minutes!
She loves her jolly jumper and bumbo that I have, and seems to hold head up fairly well!
Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and keep introducing tummy time to her, and is there something maybe I could try to help her enjoy her tummy time!?!?!
keep it up. a couple minutes at a time is fine. instead of pushing her to do a longer session, just do a few of those short sessions each day. i know some people fork out money for tummytime mats. my baby did the best when i did tummy time on the couch. the gentle angle of the cushions propped her slightly and she had a more interesting view of the room than when on the floor. it was also easier on me to sit next to the couch and sing to her,
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it up for sure! I never really stopped, she's just very perticular about how she sits and lays down!
I put her on her tummy lastnight for a couple mins and same this morning and she didnt cry right away like she usually does! Which is a good sign!
How old are your kids?