Pediatrics Community
5 year old Urinating on the floor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

5 year old Urinating on the floor

My daughter has just begun urinating on the floor.  She has done this 3 times; twice at home and once at school.  Any one have any ideas on how to address this?  Anyone with experiences?
She gives lame excuses, but I want it to stop.  She has been fully potty trained for over 3 years.
It could be her nerves doing this. Had there been a major or some sort of change in the home or in the family? This could be the problem. My son was doing this and still does occasionally... But he was completly trained for quiet a few years prior to this happening. It started out of the blue with bed wetting. He is on meds for that now. and then it started with just peeing. It could be nerves. Ask if there is anythign bothering her. Maybe it has somethign to do with school.
Please help, recently my son has been urinating in places that he shouldn't.  He started doing it in his room even though the bathroom is right down the hall.  He would do it in the garbage can, which I don't like but would rather him do it in there then on the floor.  He has now started to do it at school.  He has ADHD and is in a BDLC classroom.  He has always been defiant for the most part,  But this is becoming more and more of a problem.  I am afraid there is something really wrong.  Has anyone else had this problem ?  He has been potty trained for 3 yrs now so why all of the sudden instead of urinating in the toliet, he does it on the floors, at school in his desk and so on.  
My only thoughts is that we had a home invasion just before new years eve and the children and I have been very scared for every little sound.  He now will not leave the room he is in without turning on all of the lights, he even wants to sleep (he does not sleep well and when he does wants the light on and the tv and a night light) with his lights on.  No one was hurt during the break in.  It just scared the heck out of all of us and I know each and every child is different, but I am at my wits end, I don't know what is wrong with him if there is anything and I do not know how to help me stop this.  I need information and help, anyone else have this happen, the urinating on the floor, if so leave leave me a post.  Thank you