Pediatrics Community
Blue Vein on Bridge of Nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Blue Vein on Bridge of Nose

My 5 month old son has a very prominent blue vein across the bridge of his nose and in the corner of his eye.  Is everything okay?  Will this fade and when?  Should I do anything about it?  Is this common?
My 2 year old has had this since birth.  People used to ask if he had hit his face!  It fades sometimes and sometimes is prominant.  I don't worry about it and no doctor has ever mentioned it.
Do you think it has faded overall since birth?
No, it hasn't faded overall, in fact I looked at it today and it is quite prominant again.  If you are worried get it checked out.  If you do, can you post what the doc said?  Thanks.
my son has this also...a blue line on the left side of the bridge of his nose.  Also has a capillary vein -- very thin and red going down the top of his nose.  My dr said it's just bec he is very fair skinned.  You can see a lot of veins in his head -- forehead and temples.  The dr said it will probably never go away....I also worry and wonder if there's anything to do to remove it.
forgot to mention that my son is now 8 months old...has had this since birth.