Pediatrics Community
Bowel impaction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bowel impaction

If a two year old had bowel impaction and cystitis to the extent that they came very close to dying, could that be a sign of neglect or could a parent indeed not be aware that the child was becoming that ill?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
Without a lot more information,  its hard to tell,  lorjacks.  

If you suspect the child is being neglected,  do you have a legal right to view medical information or speak to the doctor?  Are you a parent,  or grandparent?

If this child was treated in a hospital,  I think it would have been reported to CPS if the doctor suspected neglect.

Are there any other signs of neglect,  like is the child chronically hungry or unclean?

Best wishes.  I hope you are able to find out answers.
Blank
The child was me. This was back in 1963. Do I have the right to get my own medical records? The librarian at the hospital says they most likely still have them.
Thank you.
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
lorjacks - wow,  I didn't expect that!!

This was one incident so long ago - you must have other memories that will help you decide if you were neglected growing up.  

Unless,  I guess,  as a result of this you were placed in foster care and weren't raised by your parents?

Best wishes in your search for information.   I would certainly think you are entitled to your own medical records,  but I don't know for sure.  Ask!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...