Pediatrics Community
CIRCUMCISION AFTER 2 MONTHS OF AGE...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

CIRCUMCISION AFTER 2 MONTHS OF AGE...

My son is 10 weeks old...my husband and I took him in at 2 weeks to have his circumcision done but my husband took one look at the tools used for the procedure, flipped out, and refused to let the circumcision be done.  Now that a couple months have passed I think he's questioning if he made the right decision.  Are there any parents who had their son circumcised that wish they hadn't or vice versa?  I know that now that he's older the procedure has to be done by a pediatric urologist and my son has to be "put under" so I just want to make sure I feel 100% confidence in my decision, whatever it may be.  (Also, if I could get some input from parents who did have their son circumcised after 2 months of age, that would be great!!!)
Thats a great question and its one that I have no experience or answer, others may, if you put this up as a journal I am pretty certain you will get a lot of answers, many parents are going through similar dilemma's .There is also a mother and child forum with some good folks who will be able to help you .Good Luck
When we found out we were having a boy we investigated the pro's and con's of circumcision.  We talked to a Pediatrician and my OB.  I also posted on these boards and talked to all kinds of different moms about it.

The general concensus was that there is absolutely no medical benefit for having a child circumcised.  I live in Canada and it's not something commonly practiced here at all anymore.  Same thing with Europe.  In these countries those that do it do it pretty much for religious reasons only.  In the US it is still fairly popular.  Many fathers are circumcised and so choose to have their son's done.  It truly is a personal choice.

After learning what I did we opted not to have him circumcised.  He is 14 months old now.  We have had no problems and have no regrets at all.  We just didn't want to put him through that unless there was a true medical reason for it.  I broached the subject with his Pediatrician again after he was born, and she said the same thing.  There is no reason.  We feel good about our decision.  Good luck to you in whatever you decide.  
I agree with the comment byAdgal.  My son was circumcised but I was young and did'nt know any better.  Now I am a grandmother and would never put my grandson through that procedure.  Its basically gentital mutilation.  It serves no purpose and really should be outlawed. I wish more people questioned this rather than just doing it mindlessly.  I hope their are more parents like you smart enough to question this disturbing procedure.