Pediatrics Community
Fracture of the Thigh Bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Fracture of the Thigh Bone

When my son was 4and a half year old,he had a fracture in his right thigh bone.This was in May'2009.He was put on Spica Cast and he recovered and started normal activities by oct'2009 though he avoided rigorous activities.Gradually he started cycling,playing cricket.However yesterday,date:19th Febuary'2011,in the evening when he was cycling he fell from the cycle and once again he has a fracture to his Right Thigh again.He has again been put on Spica Cast.I hereby wish to ask whether Spica cast treatment is ok for such fractures.At present his age is 6 yrs.Further is there anything to worry about his future growth.And the reason why he had a fracture of the same type on the same leg.I do not want surgery.Kindly advise and precautions to be taken.
Tags: bone
Put this question on the expert/Doctor forum go back to the forums page and look to the right  Good luck.