My baby and his swollen pubic area
My son is 7 months old and just today at about noon I saw that his pubic area was noticeably swollen. I've been reading about the inguinal hernia, but don't believe that is it. The area around his penis and scrotum is swollen, but his scrotum itself is not swollen, his penis, however, is slightly swollen. A red, rash-looking spot appeared to the right of the base of his penis. It's hard to tell if that is causing him any discomfort, as he has had a cold and is teething. Also today, he started crawling. Could it just be from his crawling constricting the area? I plan to take him to the doctor tomorrow.
a cold is also a sign of 'exposure to a chemical like 2-butoxyethanol' or BUTYL

'loosening of the sinuses'

It targets males more than girls,

and swollen organs/glands are often there, too

Does he have any blood in urine?

what cleaning products do you use?  Anything new?

Do you or his other parent have 'the snfifles?'
No blood in the urine. Cleaning products have remained the same. Grandpa watched him last weekend, and he was very ill by Tuesday, my son around the same Monday/Tuesday time too.
This morning swelling was down on the right side a little, but still prevalent on the left. I'm getting him an appointment, but hold little faith in finding anything out with the doctors in the town I live. Last time my son had a problem, they said there was absolutely nothing wrong with him and we were being paranoid parents. Well we take him to the Regional hospital a few days later and they take one look at him and say "Pyloric Stenosis"
sounds like an allergic reaction the diapers or contact dermatitis. my son gets this same reaction with certain diapers
My son is 6 1/2 months old and I got up to change his diaper and noticed the loose skin on the penis was red and swollen, I am not sure what to think of it or what it could  be...if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful.....thank
Sounds like a rash from the diapers, are you the only person changed his diaper prior to your seeing the Rash?
my son has the same thing I am worried, since I don't know what's going on, and since he has been in the baby sitter all day
contact dermatitis or reaction to diaper no worries
Shoulda posted it earlier. It's Hydrocele. Thanks though.
my son is 8 months old and today i noticed a patch that is red and swollen right under his belly button where his pants and diaper lie... kinda worrying me and not sure what can cause it