Pediatrics Community
Pacman Pupil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Pacman Pupil

My son has a pupil that looks like a pacman.  He has been to the optometrist since he was 6 months old and the "defect" doesn’t seem to affect his vision in this eye.  He still wears glasses but this is to help correct his other eye which is weak.  I read anther post about a coloboma pupil, but my son's pupil seems to be the opposite of this.  I was wondering what his condition is called.  Any help?
I was born with this "defect" and it has never affected my vision. I'm 18, almost 19. I have been trying to find out what it's called for some time now, but I can't seem to find answers. My eye doctor simply described it as my iris being pulled inward covering part of the pupil, which gives it the pacman shape. She has one other patient with the same thing. It sounds like your son and I have the same exact pupil shape, my mom was worried when I was a baby but it really is just a unique quality that very few people are born with. Your son should learn to embrace it as he gets older, it's a great conversation starter, people are always interested! :)
Interesting I have just taken a look in the search engine and there is much up there about it, go to yahoo and take a look, many links of interest ..