Pediatrics Community
eye rolling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

eye rolling

My 11 month son has been doing this strange thing: He is normal and starts eye rolling back. it last a few seconds and it doesnt seem to disturb him at all. but its very strange. Sometimes its like a prolongued eye blink with his eye rolling inside..
I did A EEG and came back normal. Anybody with similar experience? What came out of the people that already described this in this forum? Are your child ok now? what was the diagnostic?
Thank you, i am very worried.
My son started doing a similar eye rolling back in Feb.  I swear it started after a few doses of Orapred for Croup.  Been to pediatrician, neurologist had EEG all came back good.  When he rolls his eyes they either go up real quick or up to a side just for a second.  I am torn if its a voluntary or involuntary action, sometimes I think he is doing it voluntarily and if thats the case I am not worried, but other times he looks like its involuntary.  Perhaps its a tic, hoping he will grow out of it.  Some days I hardly notice it at all and then other days like today he did it alot.  Maybe its related to being overtired as well?  My son also rubs his eyes alot, maybe its a dry eye issue?  I plan on taking him to an eye doctor as well.
Hi my granddaughter had same systems.  Go to www.upgaze.org and you will find answers.  Passed this site onto her doctor.   PTU is rare but this webb page will give some peace of mind but still take him to your doctor.
My son (now nearly three) did this when he was 12 months, right after immunizations. Of course we were terrified and did the sleeping EEG. Came back normal. Eventually (within a couple weeks) it stopped and never happened again. He is a happy healthy little boy on target for all of his developmental milestones. Apparently he just figured out how to roll his eyes and was experimenting. Even my father who is medically trained was worried they were seizures. Everything worked out fine though. Best of luck to you I know how scary these things can be. Remember to post your out come too. I always hate when you see a bunch of people have had the same issue as you but never see their resolution.