Pediatrics Community
help required

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

help required

My 21 month old daughter fell down from 1st floor while playing .Though there was a cemented ledge in between .we did not see her fall and only came to know when she cried from below.she was standing and crying .There were bruises on her forehead, cheek and leg(ankle area) bruises were more of scratches and did not bleed .we rushed to the hospital and the doctor said to observe her for at least 4-5 hrs and in case of Vomiting,Unconsciousness we should contact him .He prescribed IBugelsic 5mg .She was normal and slept well .Yesterday we took another opinion from another pediatrician and he said that the fall was not serious and my daughter seems healthy to him .He recommended Calpol 1 teaspoon 3 times a day to her for 3 days.
Its 50 Hrs now since the incidence and she  is behaving fine.
my Query to you is :
1.  Do I have to do anything extra/special in this case?
2.  I have herd of internal Blood clots that may sometimes surface after few days/months/years and cause some problems .Is it true and if yes what can be done to avoid/prevent any such eventuality?
3.  Some relative of mine suggested me to give her a grain size shillajeet to dissolve any clotting if it is there,Is it suggestive?

thank you for your time and reply....
I am so sorry and I can imagine how scary this must be for you , I think as the child is seeming normal and sleeping well that it is sufficient to do as the doctor suggests...if she doesn't seem unwell take her back to the hospital for further evaluation .Let us know how she is doing .
same post.
thanks for your concern ,she is fine till date and her wounds are healing too...
unfortunatelly after 2 days of the incident she hurt her nose while playing with her sister and got a cut on her nose  for which doctor suggested an X-ray suspecting nasal bone injury.We were a bit concerned as she is 21months old and an X-ray is not suggestive but the doc said has to be done ,so we went ahead and did it .Nothing broken and she is fine now.

2. could you tell me was the decision to get the X-ray correct and did the doc suggested us right?
I think the doctor was being cautious as she may have cone some damage to her nose but as you say its healing all is well.How old is her sister , is it possible the oplay was too rough, maybe some supervision when they play together ..
oh no the sweethearts are twins and the injured one fell on her own on a sharp edge ...after this incidence we have removed every single sharp edges from the house...though we should have done it before ..our fault...