Pediatrics Community
hydrosil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

hydrosil

what is hydrosil exactly/ WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR IT?
Hydrocele.. is a collection of watery fluid around the testicles. it's fairly common and usually goes away on it's own. if it lasts for longer than a set amount of time, they usually recommend surgery to drain it.
I have a son of 5 years old. this hydrocele is detected now for him the doctor told me to do surgery on him to remove the watery fluid & close the way from which it comes it needs surgery? is there any other treatment ? pl advise
I only know of surgery for treatment. Though it's not a major surgery at all, very minimal. And it's done quite often, so it's not something to worry about. Make sure you trust the surgeon, the surgeon is board certified, etc. If not, please go to another surgeon. You never have to stay with the one you have just because you went to that doctor first. Hope all goes well!